Saturday 31 October 2009

End of Print Week

On your left is me printing :) I found this week quite difficult but fun. It was hard standing all day and pulling and pushing a squigy but I liked mxing up the colours to suit my research. My hands got really messy and dyed with all the colours but its Halloween this weekend...

Below is an image which i did last thing on Friday which i thought was really succesful even though it was quick and simple. I had dyed the fabric and lifted the colour on Thursday and when i came back to work on it on Friday I quickly cut out stencils which related to my research work and printed that on top. Frances and Jo said to be brave with our work although it is very daunting to have a peice of white fabric infront of you. I decided on Friday to just do that and it apppeared that they were right, I just had to be brave with my work. :)



Research page from my sketch book where I found inspiration to develop in my print work shop. The red and white image is by Nick Knight. He makes interesting compositions which organic materials which is why it led me to making my own compositions from found leaves.
Next week I have Mixed Media so Im looking forward to learning how to use different materials and how to combine them to make an interesting outcome.

Bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment