Monday 2 November 2009

Poster on Advertisment

























This is my poster for the 3rd part of the seminar task. I chose to do Advertisment because I did a mind map for the stickiness factor which gave me a background information on the advertisement which i could relate easily to design issues and what I had to look at. I started looking at how advertisement is sticky and I found that it was through slogans such as Mcdonalds "im lovin' it" and KFC "finger lickin good" These slogans are sticky and very well known. This is what companies want as it helps stick to customers head. I also looked at the imagery/logo of companies which makes things sticky, I found that the Coca Cola red and white stripes are the most well known logo and next after Coca Cola was the O2 bubbles. These are very important for advertisment as the more well known your logo is the more successful the business is going to be. I also looked into Tv advertisments and Magazine advertisment and I came across a little foundation sample from a Vogue magazine. This helps the reader interact with the advertisment and samples are a good way to gettin the buyers attention as people love a bargain and free items. While I was reseaching Magazines I came across a really interesting article on Esquire magazine, they used E-ink (Digital Ink) on there front page for their 75th anniversary. This E ink is an electronic Ink which looks like a maving page. It reminded me of something out of Harry Potter, but it is really interesting to learn that technology is advancing so fast. This E ink led me to think of future solutions to advertisment and I looked at projectors and how there becoming more advanced and have been used in consumer devices such as cameras. In the future if they had a little project which were added onto laptops and phones etc and can project 3d images onto a space then advertisment can be taken to a different dimension. Examples which i put on the poster was that clothing companies can put there products online and project them for the consumer to try on by standing infront of the 3d image or wallpaper companies such as Timerous Beasties can project wallpapers onto a wall instead of sending out little samples. Sending out samples and sending out clothes back and forward if it doesnt suit is a waste of money and time so this projector can solve this problem.

This poster was really fun to work on because it made me think in new and different ways. I thought of advertisement before as being paper prints but looking at the bigger picture I found that advertisments are done in many different forms and new ways of advertisement are possible in future. I also found that a lot of people dont pay much attention to posters which is a waste of resources so if it was made electronically then it wouldnt be a waste of resources and would save a lot of efforts for printing and sticking. I will post videos and pictures which i found interesting during my research. Thats all for now.


Bye x


No comments:

Post a Comment