Friday 13 November 2009

Mixed Media
















I found the mixed media week really tough as there were so many different techniques invloved also I felt the colours I used were much different from the week before as I was thinking a bit too much on the techniques side. I made a few samples just experimenting with different materials and different techniques to find my feet but I felt one week was just not long enough. My samples involved some felting, stitching, layering, embroidering and using transfer paper on fabric. I found this week very useful because new techniques and skills were introduced into my work but I have learnt that I have to think about composition colour and technique all at once which i felt lacked on this week. My favourite technique this week was using the transfer paper because I used fabrics which kept getting caught in the sewing machine (Nightmare!) and after I transfered a pattern from my sketch book onto the fabric, made the fabric easier to manage. The above images are some of my mixed media designs. Some successful and some not so successful.
Bye x

2 comments:

  1. Connie, these are so pretty! And you've done loads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey!..:D haha you think so? I thought mixed media was a failure too :(

    ReplyDelete