Thursday 28 October 2010

"Made in China" 2

I told my Boyfriend all about the lecture and how I found it interesting and he so happened to be in London and went to The Tate Modern Museum. He came across an unbelievable installation which is named 'Ai Weiwei sunflower seeds' which is associated with "Made in China". This installation consisted of 100 Million hand made and hand painted porcelain sunflower seeds.
I decided to read up about the peice by 'Ai Weiwei' and the installation really does make you think about the products we use and where its from. A lot of the products I use are made from China and the vast number of seeds makes me think of all products china produce. A lot of questions were raised from this work such as "What does it mean to be an individual in todays society?" this relates back to my previous blog about being in competition with people in china and all over, We have to stand out and put ourselves out there in order to be noticed. Another interesting question is "What do our increasing desires, materialism and number mean for the society, the environment and the future?" This question relates well to my dissertation topic consumerism.

No comments:

Post a Comment