Thursday 28 January 2010

Semester 2 :D

NEW SEMESTER NEW PROJECT











In textile design we have been given a trend forecasting project which is such an amazing subject. We had to choose a theme from 'Textile View' magazine, where I chosen 'Blooming Pattern'Spring/summer 2010/2011, this theme has a lot to do with floral patterns but we were to have our own take on the theme so I have been focusing on patterns rather than blooming pattern. The patterns which i have been looking at are the organic patterns which are found on different surfaces. I went to botanic gardens where i found a lot of unusual surfaces and patterned petals. The colour theme is a more neutral palette with hints of blue and purple. Im going to change the palette to a richer more sophisticated palette which is shown on the first amage above. Above are also some pictures I took from botanic garden and around Dundee. I will scan some pages of my sktchbook in to show my drawings and development.

Byex

No comments:

Post a Comment