Monday 15 February 2010

Inpsirational Designers

Catching up with my latest project!

I have recently been researching artists which inspire me and have similairites to my project, A reminder of what I am doing: My project is called 'blooming pattern' which I am basing the theme of floral and organic patterns. I have included some more structural patterns in my source drawings but I mainly just florals. Designers which I have been researching are Cath Kidston whose work is based of floral patterns. She designs and prints these florals on homeware, accessories, bags etc. I love the colours she uses and the delicate and blodness of colours. I have also been looking at a Taiwan designer called Johan Ku, He is a knitwear designer who is very bold, one piece which I really like is an assymetrical peice and has mixtures of textures made from chunky knits to thin tight knits. I really like the stuctural look to his garments. Below is an image of his design.



This is Cath Kidston's Floral designs:




Some other inspirational designers include Derek Lawlor who is a fashion designer and Mark Fast another Knitwear Designer.
Mark Fast

Derek Lawlor

No comments:

Post a Comment